The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Cherry Breakfast Bites

My friend, Dana, posted this tantalizing note on Facebook last week....

"Made easy breakfast this morning... dipped biscuits in butter, then cinnamon/sugar, then made a thumbprint in middle, and filled it with a tsp of cherry pie filling... Iced with powdered sugar and milk mixed together... Awesome!"

...and then she posted this photo

Photo Source:  Dana Alexander
I told her that sounded like a future Flip Flop Foodie blog post!  Now, it is Monday morning, I have no time to write a long blog, bake, or be creative.... a million things to do...so I'll leave you with this fun little addition to the "quick breakfast" recipe list.  Thanks, again, Dana for sharing some great recipes!

A Quick Add-on Note:

These would be great with apple pie filling or any other favorite canned pie filling.

I think I am going to make them rolled in sugar - without cinnamon - and use a bit of lemon curd in the center...and add some lemon zest to the glaze...it's a mini danish...I can never find a good lemon danish down here...so I'm thinking this will be breakfast one morning this week!!!

Bon Appetit, Y'all!StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. I switched to peach pie filling my next go around and added pecans... We like the cherry best, but D liked the pecans... Dana

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!