The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Final Post?

Due to the need for quality cancer treatment, my husband and I have relocated from the South Padre Island area back to Austin.  I love blogging, so I don't know where my interests will lead me.  I will leave this blog up because it still gets quite a bit of foot traffic - just realize, I am unable to update anything regarding current status of restaurant reviews.  The island is an ever-changing scenario of eateries.  The nature of the tourist industry and the high price of commercial real estate makes it a challenge for restaurants to remain viable.  Those who do are likely the good ones!

If you seek up-to-date information on restaurants in the area, I encourage you to ask questions on the Facebook page "South Padre Island Concierge" - it is extraordinary helpful and the locals will definitely respond with their opinion.

Wish me luck on my journey and I will post an update if/when I get my mind wrapped around the premise for a new blog in my old (and new again) stomping grounds of Austin, Texas.  There are already a plethora of restaurant reviewers - I won't go down that path again - it was a niche that was needed filling when I started this blog in SPI.  Not really a need in ATX.  I'll be thinking about it as things get settled.  I will still monitor comments and answer email questions if I can.

Thanks for all of the support through the years!

Debbi Hook - The South Padre Island Flip Flop FoodieStumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!