The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

S'MORES CUPS

Photo Source: Trina Muenzer
My friend, Trina M., was posting photos of their Super Bowl snacks...my eyes lit up when I saw her cute little S'more Cups.  I had recently made homemade marshmallows and was thinking this might be a great recipe in which to use my homemades...and I love s'mores... so win-win!

Trina sent me the recipe and I had planned to make this as a Valentine's Day treat...but I got filled up on sweets and decided I couldn't add any further sugar to the day. 

Today I was clicking through some of my old messages and I noticed Trina's message, remembering I had wanted to blog these.  So, I downloaded her photo, and copied her recipe from the message to share here with you.  She reports it is from the Pampered Chef Simply Sweet Cookbook. 

S'MORE CUPS

Ingredients:

7 whole graham crackers (1 cup, finely crushed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter, melted
4 bars (1.55 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided
12 large marshmallows

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place graham crackers into a large resealable bag and finely crush into crumbs.
Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and butter in bowl.
Place a scant scoop of crumb mixture into each cup of a mini-muffin pan.
Press crumbs to form shallow cups with a mini-tart shaper.
Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.
Meanwhile, break two of the candy bars into rectangles.
Remove pan from oven; place one rectangle into each cup.

Cut marshmallows in half crosswise (can use kitchen shears dipped in cold water to minimize sticking).
Place one marshmallow, cut side down in each cup.
Return to oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened.
Remove pan to cooling rack and cook 15 minutes.
Remove cups from pan and cool completely.

Break remaining candy bars and place in microwave safe bowl.
Microwave on high 1-1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds.
Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate.
Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes to 1 hour or until set.


Photo Source:  Pampered Chef website

Here's a photo from the Pampered Chef website of their product...and I have to say, I like the creamy looking marshmallow of Trina's photo best.  Trina also mentioned these got crumbly (the graham cracker crust) so she recommends possibly using mini baking cup liners for easier eating.

So, thank you Trina (and her mom, Michelle, because I think they were baking together that night)...this looks really delicious and as soon as I feel up to more sweets (which is never too long!) I'll be sure to try these.  You guys rock!

Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!