The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crudite Dip

Many crudite trays will be served over the upcoming holidays...the only outstanding difference between yours and the last party's offering, will likely be the dip in the center.

I don't know where this recipe came from.  It's in my notebook on a torn piece of paper - hand written.  That's the way I did it before the days of the Internet, while I'd watch a cooking show on PBS (the only cooking shows back in the day).  I've tried this recipe a couple of times, and people seem to love it.  So, if you are looking for a change from "Ranch Dip" in the middle of the crudite tray, this is a good one to try!  If you have leftover cooked carrots at Thanksgiving - throw a couple of cups in the Food Saver and freeze.  That will get you prepped for this dip!

CRUDITE DIP

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups cooked carrots
1 cup chopped shallot
2/3 cup fresh ginger (peeled and rough chopped)
7 ounces Rice Wine Vinegar (I used the seasoned kind - sweeter)
3 ounces Lite Soy Sauce
7 ounces Vegetable Oil

METHOD:
Put everything except the vegetable oil in the food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Drizzle in vegetable oil through the chute to emulsify.

Serve as a crudite dip OR use on chicken or fish as a sauce, or even a marinade before cooking.  Delicious!

Now, that's how I wrote it down - so that's the way I made it the first time.  The second time, I was in a hurry, and I used a cup  of the vinegar and I didn't even measure the oil - I looked for the emulsification consistency I wanted.  It tasted fine.  Tweak to your taste is what I always say!

A cute way to serve dip on your crudite tray is to hollow out a vegetable (like a bell pepper) - stabilize the bottom so it doesn't wiggle - and fill it with your dip.  It's easy and, as Emeril says, it "kicks it up a notch".

Bon Appetit Y'all!!!StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!