The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Monday, September 13, 2010

PET PEEVE OF THE DAY

Dear Restaurant Owners with web sites displaying menus...how hard is it to scan a menu and upload a .pdf file to the web site? Basic skill - learn it - or pay someone to do it. 

I'm one of those people who actually uses a restaurant's web site.  I check operating times, menu selections, location, events or activities if any.  I find it incredibly frustrating to check a menu - go to a restaurant BASED on that online menu and find the menu has changed...and web site was not updated.

Hours of operation change with the season?  UPDATE the web site!!!

Seasonal menu?  UPDATE the web site!!!

There is no value to a pretty website if it isn't accurate. 

While important anywhere, it is particularly important in a resort town.  Visitors often pre-plan their dining activities based on information found online.

Thank you for listening...I'll step down off the soap box now, and let someone else have it.

Sincerely,
SPI Flip Flop Foodie
(Yes, I'll take a little cheese with my whine)StumbleUpon

1 comment:

  1. My son informs me I sounded exceptionally cranky this morning...re-reading this post I started writing before completing a cup of coffee in the 6 a.m. hour ...perhaps he is correct. I still stand behind the thoughts behind it...but perhaps I didn't need to be so "in your face" about it all. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!