The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Friday, July 8, 2011

Clayton's Beach Bar & Grill

While I have not actually eaten food at one of South Padre Island's newest waterfront bar and grills, we did stop in to "check it out" on Wednesday afternoon.  My sister ordered a strawberry margarita swirly and the teen and I just had sodas.  I sipped her margarita and it was delicious!

The good things I noticed about Clayton's were, of course, the view, the cool sea breezes, the location on the north end of town (next door to La Quinta) where it is a trifle less crowded, the friendly staff, the comfortable NEW furniture (not the typical plastic chairs of many ocean front deck eateries) and ... well, again, the view!

I'll certainly want to go again when we haven't just eaten.  Now that I know where it is, I'll be wanting to check out their goodies.  The menu seems to offer the fairly typical water-side eatery selections...but we all know the quality of said "standards" can vary greatly from place to place.  I'll keep you posted as I sample!  In the meantime, here are a few photos I snapped with my cell phone camera, of their menu - everything sure sounds tasty!



Great location (used to be an oil company retreat for their execs - totally remodeled) and nice beachy decor will be a siren song for tourists and locals alike.  Hopefully the extensive bar and menu lives up to the location!

Sure hope so - because I definitely like the vibe!

Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!