The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Wonderful Night!

After 3 days of not leaving the house thanks to a "bug" of some sort, I made myself get up and go out this evening.  I made the grumbling teen go with me.  I think we are BOTH glad we did!

We started the evening at an amazing book signing and presentation by Seth Patterson, author and photographer for the most gorgeous and interesting book, "El Valle" .  What an amazing young man.  He speaks with such passion about the beauty that surrounds us in the Rio Grande Delta (yep, it's not really a valley - it's a delta!).  I love it when I learn something I never knew - and tonight I learned a LOT!!!  A charming and talented young man.  Paragraph's on Padre Blvd hosted the event and it was standing room only.  What a great turn out.  Wine and cheese in the courtyard, visiting with neighbors, meeting new folks, renewing acquaintances with others...just a lovely event.  Thanks Joni (oh, yes, and happy birthday to you!).

After leaving, the teen and I went to PadreRitaVille for an excellent meal, with outstanding service, entertaining music, and "ta da"....fresh hot beignets for dessert!  Yummmm, what a great topping to a fabulous evening.  The teen gave the 1/2 pound burger two happy thumbs up - and I had my usual AWESOME nachos...with fresh guacamole and sour cream...just delicious.



Hot beignets at PadreRitaVille

The whole evening was like a magic elixir...from having to drag myself off the "sick couch" to "singing along" with Micheal at Padre RitaVille...what a difference some island breeze, Christmas lights, and good company can make!!!

A good night was had by all!

PadreRitaVille on UrbanspoonStumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!