The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

WANNA WANNA

A very brief update on a previously reviewed and often-visited-in-the-summer spot.  Had lunch this past week at Wanna Wanna because I wanna be near the beach...sun shining, wind unfortunately blowing to the point of sand blasting :-) so one offset the other.  I needed to pick a "protected" spot!

Wanna Wanna is beach front, outdoor dining, and very pleasant for what it is.  It's a great "dive".

I rarely get burgers AND fries but I was hungry so I did.  Mammoth amount of fries...didn't even put a dent in them...but my oh my, they were really delicious!  I think they are different than they used to have, but I am not certain because I tend to just eat a few of the teen's fries.  These had a light batter on the fries and they were incredibly crispy.  Yum.  The burger tasted a bit over-done...definitely "flame kissed" but I was happy with it none-the-less because it had a great "outdoorsy" flavor.  Veg was fresh - lettuce and onion crisp, had all the proper condiments, and I had my Diet Coke.

Nice afternoon to sit in a protected area with families around me (young and old).  I got my little ocean fix and a right tasty burger to go with it!

Still giving them the same rating...not better and not worse.  Just a good burger bar on the beach!

SPI FLIP FLOP FOODIE RATING:
3 – Pretty Yummy - I feel my flip flops wanting to head back from time to time!

Wanna-Wanna Beach Bar & Grill on UrbanspoonStumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!