The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Decorated Christmas Cookies 2013

Based on tutorial from Sweet Ambs


I can't believe how behind I am this year.  I finished decorating 4 dozen sugar cookies yesterday afternoon and they are all finally dried.  That may not sound like a lot to those cookiers who do this for a living...but I gotta say, I am plum wore out!  My shoulders and back ache and I've never been so happy to be finished with a task.  That's not to say I won't do it again in a few short weeks, but with everything else that goes on at Christmas...I must say I bow before the cookie artists who take orders during the holidays, do all of their own family stuff, shop, and wrap and....just everything!  Kudos to those bakers of Christmas art!!!

I used both Vanilla Bean Sugar Cookie dough as well as Acorn Squash Sugar Cookie dough - they are my two favorites.  Printable recipes are linked.  Ian has tested one and gives them the thumbs up.  Now, before I can sit down to rest, I'm off to the kitchen to bake off the dough I froze earlier for Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookies and Mint Chocolate Delights.  I can't believe the holidays are upon me!  Yikes...so much still to do!!!

I'm so very tired that I don't think I can be much more coherent - so I'm just going to post pictures...'kay?  Just consider it show and tell of the cookie variety.

YouTube tutorial from Sweet Ambs gave
me excellent instructions for this type of cookie!  Cookie
Cutter from Etsy seller, PlasticsInPrint.



My first attempt at using a culinary silk screen print...kinda cool!
These were from Gateaux.

Stencil from Designer Stencils

A re-do of the set I did earlier this month.
Based on YouTube tutorial from
Montreal Confections.  Cookie Cutter
from Truly Mad Plastics.

Designer Stencils - unless otherwise designated,
all stencils are from DesignerStencils.com

Tree stencil in background from Salsa Sweets, sleigh over-stencil
from Designer Stencils

Royal Icing Transfers are great to make ahead.  The last
a long time if carefully stored in airtight containers.
Think "hard sugar candy"...I love to keep them on hand.




Another of my favorites this year.
This cookie just looks "peaceful".

One of my favorites - the scene of carolers in the snow
is so sweet.  I made a couple of cookies using this
stencil.

I was planning to build gingerbread houses this year.
Time got away from me - so I did a cookie house
instead.



Used snowflake stencil from Etsy seller, Artfully Designed.
 


Stencil from Salsa Stencils




My attempt at a cardinal because
Mr. Flip Flop is from Indiana.

I really love this stencil!  It works on round or square
cookies.

My silly snowmen and ladies...I just realized
I forgot to pipe their twig arms.  Oh well,
we will just assume I meant them to
look exactly as they look!
Thanks for checking out my Christmas cookies.  I hope you and your families have a warm, cozy, and relaxing holiday...eat some cookies and milk before Santa gets them all!

Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!

StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!