The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nervosa Coffee - Port Isabel

412A Queen Isabella Blvd, Port Isabel, TX
UPDATE July 2014 - Out of Business

Down on the South side of Queen Isabella Blvd (Hwy 100), across from the lighthouse in Port Isabel, sits the nicest little coffee shop run by Nick Anzaldua, his wife, and precious niño (a frequent visitor). 
Nick working the espresso machine

Nervosa Coffee has been around since the Fall of 2012 but every time I go in, I forget to bring my camera and the phone camera is just not working.  FINALLY, however, we were on the way to the beach with better cameras in hand, when Mr. Flip Flop suggested we grab coffees from Nervosa before heading across the bridge.  I was all for that!  I was very hopeful that Nick had the Godiva White Chocolate syrup for my favorite coffee, his White Chocolate Mocha Latte.  I think I squealed a little when he said he sure did!
White Chocolate Mocha Latte

Whether you choose the sweet indoor café tables, the comfy arm chairs by the window, or the outdoor sidewalk seating... you are pretty much guaranteed a good cup of coffee.  My friend and guest blogger, Stacie White Brooks of KOA fame, said "Great smoothies and chai tea and hot chocolate too!"  So, really - everything - in a great small town coffee shop.  What more could you ask for?
Sidewalk seating with a view of the lighthouse
and the causeway...next door to great shopping!

There will most likely be a little treat available as a "go with", and some good convo with Nick if desired.  Today's offering was fresh baked almond biscotti...so, of course I had to have one.  It was delicious, and, even Mr. Flip Flop enjoyed sharing it with me, despite his usual "meh" attitude towards biscotti.  He even got the last bite (because I'm a good wife).

The smell of roasting coffee beans will lure you in, the blackboard menus and syrup display will help you choose...and the smooth taste will have you returning time and again. 




Nervosa Coffee and proprietor Nick, on-site roasted beans, all things good...two thumbs up from my family.  Give them a try when visiting (the locals already know about it).... I don't expect you will be sorry!
Iced Latte - perfect on a warm day!


SPI FLIP FLOP FOODIE RATING:

4 – Lip smackin’ - good quality – flip flops will definitely be parked under their table again!


Nervosa Coffee on Urbanspoon


StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!