The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Bunnies

Continuing in my frenetic preparations...the bunnies are now dry enough to gently handle.  I was actually able to insert them in individual cellophane bags to include in my grandchildrens' Easter goodies box.  Yay!

As always, I use my favorite sugar cookie recipe and I again used Karen's Cookies Meringue Buttercream Icing recipe for decorating.  I love the combination of almond and vanilla and the texture is so much nicer than regular royal icing.  I do think, however, if I'm going to travel, I will use the royal icing next time.  It is so darn humid down here at the coast, the drying takes days with this softer icing!

So, here are photos for your enjoyment.  I have one more set and then I'm finished... tomorrow will be "Easter Egg" cookies. 

Thanks for reading!
These guys were base coated with pink then allowed to dry.
I gave them a light spray of Wilton's pearlized spray.  It
was helpful to use a cardboard box so the over-spray didn't stick
to my table or carpet (it's happened before!).
A little sparkle sugar for the tail, pearlized sugar
for the nose and eye...simple but cute!

I wasn't really and truly happy with the white bunnies.
I did the white base coat and allowed to dry.  Sparkle sugared the
second layer of frosting on the ears then did the rest
of the detail.  I'm not a good artist and the mouth looks
freaky.  I will try something different with the
design next year.  The mouth needs to be
different.  Oh well.  Will still taste good!
Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I love the pink bunnies! :) You are the cookie queen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Kiri! Do I get a crown? Huh, huh, huh...please? LOL. I love your comments - they always put a smile on my face.

      Delete

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!