The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


I'm still away from my kitchen - visiting friends and family - but wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!  We've been eating out A LOT during this little vacation and my gift to my family is not taking photos of everything they put in their mouth.  They are growing to hate my desire for photographing food.  Giving them a break will hopefully ease their hostility :-)

I am really looking forward to the year 2012.  My last "chick" graduates from high school, will begin college, and prepares to leave the nest... giving me more freedom to blog and maybe take a class myself!  This is a pivotal year in my life.  I've had kids in my home for 35 years... it's gonna be strange to think of this last one preparing to jet off into adult life.  He actually plans to live at home through 2012...so I have time to adjust... but we are certainly in a transition stage!  Who will eat my goodies???

I think this transition will also be a challenge for my blogging.  I'm excited to see how it evolves as well.  I'll see you again in a few days...Happy New Year!

Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. Just a couple more years & I'll be where you are too :)

    The happiest of 2012 to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My youngest is graduating from hs this year, too...of course, his two sibling have moved back home :/ I really don't mind at all :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!