The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Friday, September 16, 2011

VANILLA BEAN MADELEINES

Today was a busy baking day.  Some days I can't get going on what I plan to do...and other days I get going and I can't stop!  One of the things I have been thinking about for a while was getting back to trying to make a vanilla Madeleine.  I made some divine lemon Madeleines so I just went back to that recipe (you can't beat David Lebovitz for a good Madeleine recipe) and replaced the lemon zest with a half of a tablespoon of vanilla bean paste.  I mixed it into the cooling melted butter and it worked beautifully in the batter.

The glaze required a double batch this time - I don't know why that is - but my first 16 sucked up all the glaze I made so I quickly made a second batch.  I wanted it to taste very "vanilla-y" so I used about a teaspoon of the vanilla bean paste in each batch of glaze.  I substituted water for the lemon juice so it turned out just perfect.  You can really see the beans in the glaze...spot on for what I was trying to do!



I'm not retyping the entire recipe here but you can use this link to get to the original post.  Lemon...vanilla...they were both downright heavenly!  You should get yourself a Madeleine pan and give it a try.  It's not hard and the end result is phenomenal (if you are a Madeleine freak like me)!  I definitely recommend a non-stick pan...why not make life simple?

So, let's all look at these Madeleines one more time and say "yummmm".  They are really delicious!



Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!

SHARED WITH:





 
 
StumbleUpon

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that glaze makes them look extra special and when I hear that word together with "soak up", I'm hooked. ;) I've already been eyeing a madeleine pan and the need is becoming stronger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT madeleines!!! They look delicious with that glaze~

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!