The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

SPI Sandcastle Days 2013



I don't always talk about food.  While it is a favorite topic, I also like to share the great activities that go on in my little part of the world.

This week-end was the 26th anniversary of the South Padre Island Sandcastle Days.  I was feeling icky for the first few days of the event, but Sunday turned out to be a cool (and somewhat blustery) day and I felt up to an excursion.  Mr. Flip Flop and I headed over to the island before noon and spent a couple of hours enjoying the cool weather, some frothy wave action, and some gorgeous sand sculptures.

Professionals, like our own Sandy Feet and Amazin' Walter, joined with amazing sculptors from around the world to create both fantastical and gorgeous works of art.  I am a huge fan of both purist sand castles like you will see from Amazin' Walter...as well as the more abstract works.  My hubby always has to drag me away.  I circle each one repeatedly seeking and finding new details at every angle.  I may have to go back tomorrow (if the tide doesn't wipe them out...it's been a bit higher than normal)... I love to go back when the beach is emptier of crowds and just sit and stare at the truly awesome feats of sand sculpture.

I put together a little YouTube slide show of my pics from today.  Just click on the link below to view.  Hope you enjoy!

South Padre Island Sand Castle Days 2013

See ya soon with more fun and good food!

DebbiStumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!