The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sea Ranch Restaurant and Bar

Photo source:  Google images
When we want to go somewhere nice for a family occasion, nine times out of ten, the family member requests Sea Ranch Restaurant and Bar as their dining establishment of choice.  This is one of those places where I wear my sparkly rhinestone encrusted flip flops I regularly purchase at Ship Shape on the island.  I'm addicted to their purty shoes...  However, I digress.  Back to food.

Sea Ranch was completely renovated after Hurricane Dolly and it is beautiful inside.  The staff are attentive and friendly.  The cosmos are good (the only drink I can attest to) and my son's girlfriend enjoyed the Appletini.  Everyone else had wine - and they sure seemed happy!  Mainly, though, the restaurant is visited for those special occasions, over and over, because the food is so delicious and the evening becomes an event to be remembered. 

The appetizer most loved by us all is the hot Artichoke Parmesan Cheese Dip.  Yum.  My hubby tends to get the Island Fiesta Combo - which is a pick 2 items kind of thing - he likes to get fish and shrimp.  My son learned to love Red Snapper here.  He also learned to love Filet Mignon and Lobster here.  Hmmmm...wish he learned to like something a little less pricey!  My brother-in-law and nephews enjoy bringing their catch and having the chef prepare it for them.  That option comes with some sides so it works out great for them.  Me?  I am in LOVE with their Seafood Alfredo...and their delicious fried shrimp...and their shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta.  Actually, I've never had a bad meal...or even a mediocre meal at Sea Ranch.

Sea Ranch is on the bay side and the evening is enhanced by lovely sunsets, boats coming and going, happy people, and a truly excellent dining experience.  It is located on the south end of the island and is only open for dinner.  So, put on your sparkly flip flops ladies and a nice tropical shirt guys... it won't be your cheapest meal on the island but I bet it will be one of the meals you remember.  I've been going to Sea Ranch for over 10 years...and when my birthday comes around...that's where I'll be wanting to go this year too!
(Image source - Google Images)

SPI FLIP FLOP FOODIE RATING:

5 – OMG – that was an outstanding meal! I can’t wait to go back.

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar on UrbanspoonStumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!