The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

DADDY'S SEAFOOD & CAJUN KITCHEN



UPDATED 6/22/2013

Didn't realize I had not reviewed the new location.  The previous location closed and they moved to a wonderful spot in the old Garcia's at 1808 Padre Blvd.  The ambiance is supremely superior to their old locale and they continue to have their great daily specials and fresh seafood.  After many visits, I continue to get my red beans and rice fix there for $5 bucks ($7 after 4:00).  Can't beat it!  My son enjoys their burgers and fries and their Shrimp Po'boy.  My husband enjoys many of their blackened fish dishes and also digs the red beans and rice special.  This location change has really upped my appreciation of this restaurant in the Dirty Al's chain of dining.  Good and fresh...excellent service.  Definitely upping the rating to a 4!



Previous Review Below with Updated Rating and Address:

Finally had the opportunity to have lunch at Daddy's Seafood & Cajun Kitchen.  Everyone always ranted and raved about them...but every time I went there it was so crowded in the parking lot, I didn't stop in.  Of course, that's a good sign...but I don't like to wait...so I just didn't go. 

I'm really glad I finally got the opportunity to go!  I had a GREAT lunch plate of red beans and rice...generous serving - filled with spicy and delicious sausage - and two fabulous cornbread muffins (and I do mean fabulous dahlin!).  It was too much for me - but I just kept eating because it tasted so good.  I liked the "kick" of the spice - it enhanced the flavor, while not overwhelming the taste.  Just delicious.

Their online menu says this lunch special is available every day from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. DINE IN ONLY ... and it's only $5.00!!!  There are other lunch specials Monday through Friday...but our friendly waiter recommended this when I asked if their red beans and rice were really good...and he said yes...so I asked "how big is the bowl?" He responded by pointing out the special and said it came with the cornbread and it was delicious.  He was right on target.  A big old glass of Diet Coke for $2.25 and I walked out of there filled to the gills and happy as a clam for under $10 tax and tip included.

I can't believe I waited so long to get there...and I won't take so long to get back!

My friend didn't have such a great experience - they misunderstood her request not to have salt added to her fried shrimp after it came out of the fryer...and brought her grilled shrimp because "they can't do fried shrimp without salt".  I would have complained...but she didn't.  The price for her large plate of fries and skimpy amount of shrimp was a bit much in my opinion....but I don't recall the amount.  She said she loves their fried shrimp and the grilled shrimp was okay.  Just not what she was hoping for.

So, one happy camper and one not-so-happy camper today.

You'll find Daddy's on the west east side of the main road on the island at 3409  1808 Padre Blvd.  So head on over and laissez les bon temps rouler...y'all!


SPI FLIP FLOP FOODIE UPDATED RATING:
4 – Lip smackin’ - good quality – flip flops will definitely be parked under their table again!



Bon Appetit, Y'all!!!

Daddy's Seafood & Cajun Kitchen on UrbanspoonStumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!