The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Brownsville restaurants

Search The South Padre Island Flip Flop Foodie Blog!

Thursday, March 11, 2021

No More Flip Flops!

 I have been off for some time, things ever-evolving. Trying to stay safe and alive during Covid19. A brief scare at the end of 2019...new "something" on a PET Scan which we got onto quickly. Out of remission for just about 6 months before tamping it back down with higher doses of cancer fighting drugs. In the middle of it all, we moved to Indiana! I have never lived outside of Texas beyond following my  travel nurse husband, but those were brief stints all over the country. My husband wanted to be closer to his aging parents so we have resettled. I do miss the Texas Gulf Coast! This Winter snow has been quite the adjustment!

Thought I would check in and then post a quick recipe our family loves. I am unable to decorate cookies. Piping with shaky hands still does not work. I feel bereft about that. I, like most everyone, have had to prepare meals at home and I have fallen in love with my Instant Pot. Also, as so many have done. Being immune supressed I have had to have groceries delivered or I pick up. I love to grocery shop but I am patiently waiting for a higher degree of safety. I get my first vaccine injection today, exactly one year after the U.S. finally accepted this was a pandemic. I feel so happy to begin the process so I can visit vaccinated family members! My husband is an R.N. so he has had his for a while. Our disabled adult son does not have secondary issues that warrant his moving up in line so we wait for him because he lives with us. When the 3 of us are safer, I will breathe easier!

Looking forward to "thinking about" how I might restart/rename my blog. I always enjoyed doing it.

Check out my recipe.. coming soon. 

StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated - you should see it within a few hours if approved! Spam or marketing comments are immediately deleted. Thank you!!!