- Iceberg Lettuce Salad with scallions, chunks of perfectly ripe avocado, crispy crumbled bacon, cucumber chunks, tomatoes, and Home-made Vinaigrette for me - Honey Mustard for the hubby
- Pork Tenderloins wrapped in bacon and seasoned with Mesquite Seasoning Mix - seared stove-top to a lovely crispy brown and finished in the oven - sooooo tender and juicy
- Baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar for me and the hubby - baked russet potato with butter and scallions for the teen
- Cornbread Muffins slathered with room temperature butter <groan - soooo good>
- Holiday Grapes from Central Market for a palate cleansing dessert
A simple and delicious New Year's Eve meal! Now we will move on to the special bottle of wine John got in Roswell, NM at the little wine bar... a small bottle of St. Clair Winery's New Mexico Cab-Zin - produced and bottled in Deming, NM where he lived for a few months when he was a very young man trying to help start a commune (that's my sweet old hippie man :-) and a bottle of my favorite, Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio....and a movie with the teen. Happy New Year's Eve to us!